WarCraft III Maps by Antistone
The VIP is in danger. His enemies have sent assassins to
slay him. Even now, they close in around him...
His only hope is to escape through the way gate, but
already his would-be killers lie in wait along the path to sanctuary.
His loyal bodyguards are the only things standing between
him and a knife in the back, and they can only do so much...
Hunted is a WarCraft 3: The
Frozen Throne scenario map wherein each player assumes the role of the VIP,
a bodyguard, or an assassin and controls one hero directed towards a single
task. The game is divided into rounds, and each round ends after the VIP
either escapes or is killed. At the end of a round, all fallen heroes are
revived, all players are returned to their respective starting locations, and
all heroes go up one level.
(Click for larger picture)
|Current Map Version: 3.4
Best played with 6-12 players
(with number of Bodyguards+VIP = number of Assassins)
Requires WarCraft 3: The Frozen
Throne 1.17 or later to play
Current Map Version: 3.3
version of the Hunted map.
Same heroes, new locale.
(Click for larger picture)
There are eleven original heroes in this map, each with five
unique skills. Bodyguards and assassins each choose one of eight heroes to play at
the start of the map. The playable heroes are:
No matter where you go, there you die.
Please send feedback and bug reports to
Changes in Version 3.4:
- All assassins now move 50% faster for the first 15 seconds of each round
(except the first) to help them get into position
- Minimum movement speed for the VIP increased to 20% of his base speed
- Minimum movement speed for all other heroes increased to 10% of their base
- Snipe (Sniper) now does more damage at higher levels
- Flare (Sniper) area-of-effect increased by 100 at all levels
- Paralyzing Shot (Sniper) is slightly more effective at low levels and
slightly less effective at high levels
- Irresistible Charge (Berserker) provides a greater movement speed bonus at
- Healing Ward (Conjurer) mana cost increases more slowly with level
- Stasis Trap (Conjurer) stun length increases more slowly with level
- Critical Strike (Scout) mana cost now increases with level
- Critical Strike will only deal bonus damage if the base attack dealt
- Death Walk (Berserker) protection is no longer counted twice against
Critical Strike (was reducing damage by 99%, should have been 90%)
- Warnings to the bodyguards that the VIP is taking damage will now only
occur if the damage taken is nonzero
Changes in Version 3.3:
- Speed of the Engineer's Repair ability has been doubled at all levels
- Mana cost of Repair (per point of health restored) increased by 50%
- The targeting cursor for Healing Ward now shows the correct area-of-effect
- The hotkey for Leadership (VIP) changed from E to R to avoid a conflict
with Shield of Authority
- The waygate now plays a more appropriate animation while active
Changes in Version 3.2:
- The VIP's Command Aura skill has been replaced with a new skill,
Leadership, an area-of-effect movement speed buff.
- The Berserker's Berserk skill now provides a greater attack speed bonus at
- The Druid's Might to Magic skill now restores more mana at higher levels.
- The Conjurer's Serpent Wards now gain 20 HP per level (up from 15)
- The Scout's Piercing Gaze skill's duration now varies with level.
- The Scout's Wind Walk skill's duration now varies with level.
- The Engineer's Honed Weapons upgrade now increases buildings' mana
regeneration (in addition to its previous effects)
- Mystic Veil now prevents the casting of Sanction.
- The range of the Scout's Pass Wall skill has been corrected on this web
Changes in Version 3.1:
- The VIP's Divert the Ether ability has been replaced by a new ability,
Sanction. (The 1.17 TFT patch caused Divert the Ether to block the Assassin's
- Summon should again work properly.
- Summon is now interrupted when the caster takes damage or is ordered to do
- It should be more obvious (visually) when someone is about to be summoned
- The Guardian's Sentinel's Ward ability has been renamed to Guardian's Ward
to prevent confusion with the new hero.
- Guardian's Ward area of effect reduced from 550 to 400.
- Silence area of effect increased from 200 to 300.
- Using Shield of Authority will now remove frost from the caster.
- Shield of Authority hotkey changed from U to E.
- The initial mana regeneration of the Sentinel and Sniper has been slightly
modified to be consistent with their intelligence.
- After-game statistics will move more quickly.
Changes in Version 3.0:
- Two new heroes, the Sentinel (bodyguard-only) and the Sniper
(assassin-only) have been added to the game.
- The Forest terrain has been significantly altered.
- The original terrain has been slightly altered.
- The VIP now loses if he does not reach the way gate within five minutes of
the time the gates open. This is only to prevent the VIP from hiding or
fortifying and waiting forever and is not intended to impact ordinary gameplay.
- The power generators will now reactivate instantly if the VIP or a
bodyguard is standing close enough when the way gate loses power.
- The Conjurer's armor type has been changed from Medium to Enchanted, which
takes 85% damage from piercing and magical attacks and 130% damage from normal
- The damage penalty from using Defend (Guardian) has been reduced, and the
protection from piercing and magical damage now varies with level.
- Shadow Soul (Assassin) casting range increased from 250 to 350 and
duration increased from 10 seconds to 15 seconds.
- Indomitable Will (Berserker) is now a toggleable ability that
automatically expends mana to remove debuffs while turned on.
- Indomitable Will (Berserker) mana cost now decreases more slowly with
- Indomitable Will (Berserker) maximum level increased from 5 to 6.
- Might to Magic (Druid) has been significantly improved.
- Banish (Priestess) maximum level raised from 10 to 20.
- Summon (Priestess) should no longer cause stunning or produce warnings
that the VIP is taking damage.
- Ensnare (Scout) tooltip fixed to accurately reflect the spell's duration.
- Fixed a bug in Critical Strike (Scout) that could cause critical damage to
a target that was not actually hit by an arrow.
- Fixed a bug causing Critical Strike (Scout) to damage wards but not charge
mana. Critical Strike now only works on heroes.
- Salvage (Engineer) now works faster at low levels.
- Hide (VIP) once again has multiple levels (and this time they work).
- Shield of Authority (VIP) mana cost decreases more slowly at higher
levels, and has a slightly higher cooldown at lower levels.
- Shield of Authority (VIP) can no longer be deactivated early (that was
- Game statistics are displayed for each hero after the ending cinematic.
- Heroes are now automatically selected for their owners at the start of
Changes in Version 2.3:
- Assassin's Shadow Strike ability initial damage increased and poison
- Poison damage from Shadow Strike should now work as advertised (was doing
too little damage before).
- Assassins' Fan of Knives ability damage per target, maximum damage, and
mana cost increased.
- The armor bonus from the Berserker's Death Walk ability should now last
the full duration of the ability.
- The Druid's Feral Spirits now do 14 damage per attack, down from 15.
- Conjurer's Serpent Wards now gain additional damage and HP as the skill
level is increased.
- Scout's Ensnare ability has higher duration, cooldown, and mana cost.
- The Scout's Critical Strike ability has been significantly re-worked. It
is no longer random, but a mana-consuming damage bonus (like searing arrows)
that is more effective against high-health targets than near-death targets.
- Note that Critical Strike is now considered magical, and so can be blocked
by the Druid's Mystic Veil ability.
- The VIP's Hide ability wasn't increasing in power correctly as it
increased in level; for now, its maximum level has been limited to 1.
- All heroes' mana regeneration should increase more slowly as they level.
- Assassin's intelligence bonus per level reduced from 2.4 to 2.0.
- Druid's effective starting intelligence reduced by 2.
- Scout's intelligence bonus per level reduced from 2.7 to 2.2.
- VIP's intelligence bonus per level reduced from 1.75 to 1.7.
- The Shadow Step, Shadow Strike, and Fan of Knives abilities maximum level
increased from 10 to 20.
- Unstoppable Force maximum level increased from 5 to 10.
- Fixed some quirks in the ending animations of the Forest version of the
Epic Level Notes (2.3):
With the recently-added ability to begin at high levels, it has come to light
that the map may not be as well balanced at very high levels as at low levels.
This patch introduces some changes designed to begin to balance high levels.
Please be aware that playing at low levels is still the recommended mode.
Some notes on high-level play:
Many heroes have the opportunity to reach extreme levels of specialization.
Counters become very important: quickly destroying healing wards, detecting
invisible ambushes, disabling or blocking enemy powers with banish, mystic veil,
and silence, and other countermeasures can easily determine the outcome of a
fight. Team composition and skill point distribution should be chosen carefully.
Epic level play is only recommended for veteran players who are prepared to
work together as a team....or for people who just want to goof off and have fun
with epic level abilities without worrying about balance.
Changes in Version 2.2:
- The Berserker's Vengeance ability has been replaced with a new ability,
- The Engineer's Spiked Barricades ability has been replaced with a new
- Movement speed bonus from Berserk ability (Berserker) rises more slowly as
it is leveled.
- Duration of Death Walk ability (Berserker) increased by 3 seconds at all
- The Guardian will now remove at the correct speed while using Defend (his
speed was previously erroneously reduced by 80% instead of 20%)
- The Level 1-35 play range should now work correctly (if you really
want to play that long...)
Changes in Version 2.1.1:
- Collision size of Scout and Engineer reduced from 32 (same as most heroes)
to 28 (same as VIP and Assassin)
- Fixed the attack display of the canon tower (was showing two attacks)
- Added a missing hint for the Conjurer's Slow Ward ability
- Fixed a typo in the Druid's general hint
Cumulative Changes in Version 2.1 since Version 1.0.3:
- A new hero, the Druid, has been added. The Druid is available to both the
bodyguards and the assassins.
- All heroes and towers can now attack trees (hint, hint).
- The Berserker's Terrible Warcry ability has been replaced with a new
ability, Death Walk.
- The Conjurer's Cloud ability has been replaced with a new ability, Slow
- The VIP now has control over the starting level of all heroes in addition
to the number of rounds.
- Fan of Knives (Assassin) maximum damage increased by 50% (it can now
hit 3 targets instead of 2).
- Shadow Soul (Assassin) armor reduction increased from 3 per level to 5 per
- Shadow Soul (Assassin) mana cost increased from 40 to 75.
- Shadow Soul (Assassin) casting range decreased from 350 to 250.
- Indomitable Will (Berserker) no longer removes Unstoppable Force (which
shouldn't really matter, since the Berserker is magic immune while using
Unstoppable Force anyway0.
- Scout's base armor reduced by 1.
- Scout's agility per level increased by 0.3.
- Vision Ward (Conjurer) sight range increased from 600 to 800.
- Vision Wards (Conjurer) are no longer ethereal.
- Mana cost of Regeneration (Priestess) changed from 60 + 40 per level to 80
+ 35 per level.
- Cooldown on Summon (Priestess) reduced by half.
- Scout Tower (Engineer) sight range increased from 800 to 1000.
- Arcane Tower (Engineer) attack cooldown decreased from 1.5 to 1.4 seconds.
- Frost Spire (Engineer) attack cooldown increased from 2.5 to 2.8 seconds.
- Frost Nova spell (on Frost Spire) cooldown increased from 5 to 8 seconds.
- Vision Wards and Scout Towers no longer allow detection of invisible units
beyond their own sight ranges.
- Summon (Priestess) now only works on allies, as was always intended.
- Fixed the tooltip for Vision Wards (Conjurer) to correctly reflect their
- Fixed a typo in the tooltip for Healing Wards (Conjurer).
- Hotkey for Serpent Wards (Conjurer) changed from "W" to "R".
- Win counter should now consistently disappear during the ending cinematic.