WarCraft III Maps by Antistone
Runes of Power
Spend your skill points wisely to customize a hero...
Control the Resurrection Stones for a strategic edge...
Capture the Runes of Power to gain the might you need...
To destroy the enemy altar.
Runes of Power is a WarCraft 3: The
Frozen Throne custom map. Each player has the opportunity to spend
skill points in customizing his hero with various abilities and bonuses.
Then, two teams battle ach other across the map, controlling Resurrection
Stones to speed the revival of fallen comrades, capturing the Runes of Power to
provide strong bonuses to the entire team, and ultimately destroying the enemy
altar to win the game.
Once one altar is destroyed, the game automatically assigns new
teams and the game starts over. The number of wins is tracked for each player
individually, and is used by the game to automatically balance the teams.
The map features 44 skills which can be used to create
Please send feedback and bug reports to
Changes in Version 1.5:
- Sacrifice can now transfer health to allied heroes, as well as to your
- Sacrifice now restores double health when used on the Altar
- Cripple mana cost reduced from 65 to 50
- Clarity spirit bonus increased from 20 to 25
- Slow mana cost decreased from 25 to 20
- Ensnare duration reduced from 5 seconds to 4 seconds
- Ensnare mana cost increased from 40 to 45
- Slow Ward hit points increased from 25 to 30
- Slow Ward mana cost increased from 30 to 35
- Divine Location mana cost reduced from 20 to 15
- Divine Location cooldown reduced from 10 seconds to 8 seconds
- Bots carrying runes now prioritize running to their altar above engaging
- Fixed a bug preventing bots on the west team from finding runes
Changes in Version 1.4:
- All bots are now ranked below all human players for purposes of team
assignment (makes the distribution of bots between teams more even)
- Bots have been made rather more sophisticated and now play noticeably more
intelligently (they're still not at the level of a competent human)
- Bots now know how to use the Return and Sacrifice abilities
- Fixed several bugs relating to how bots treat the Runes of Power (they can
now successfully locate and capture them)
- Bots will continue to improve in future versions
Changes in Version 1.3:
- There is now a primitive AI which controls player slots set to computers
before the game starts. This AI is extremely simple-minded and has not
been very well tested. It will be improved in later releases. If
you use it now...you have been warned.
- Altars now have an aura which damages nearby foes 5 health/sec (this
- Altars no longer regenerate health
- Sentry Ward, Slow Ward, and Healing Ward health increased from 1 to 25
- Fixed a bug that sometimes allowed the use of teleportation skills while
carrying a Rune and using Race the Hare
- Fixed a bug that allowed Resurrection Stones to be captured while an enemy
hero was in the large square around the Stone
Changes in Version 1.2:
- Added a new skill: Race the Hare
- Flux Cage has been reworked; it is now an aura that prevents teleportation
by nearby enemies.
- Blink cooldown increased from 5 seconds to 10 seconds
- Team assignment has been made more random and (hopefully) more fair
- The skill point bonus for being on a smaller team has been slightly
Changes since Version 1.1 (Cumulative):
- Sniper skill point cost increased from 4 to 5
- Titan's Blood health bonus decreased from 150 to 120
- Serpent Ward duration reduced from 60 sec to 40 sec
- Serpent Ward health reduced from 75 to 60
- Implemented a new "-autoping" command
- The -repick command should now work correctly during the first round
- Fixed a bug preventing the Motion system from being accessed by players
who did not skip the opening cinematic.
Changes in Version 1.1:
- Movement speed penalty for carrying a Rune of Power increased from 55% to
- Added a new "Motion" system that allows players to vote to change some of
the map settings during a game. Press ESC to access this system.
- Players can now declare themselves "inactive," removing themselves from
play as if they quit the game, but without disconnecting. Inactive
players can observe the game, and make themselves active again at a later
- Increased the time between waves for Rain of Fire from 0.5 seconds to 0.7
- Fixed a bug that was preventing Slow Poison from affecting units with
Changes in Version 1.0:
- Altar health increased by 50%
- Altar health is now lowered if your team is all dead with no resurrection stones, so that the round will end more quickly
- All heroes are given full health when the round begins
- Shield of Regeneration regen increased from 3/sec to 4/sec
- Feedback mana burned increased from 4 to 5
- Rain of Fire mana cost increased from 35 to 45
- Cripple mana cost reduced from 75 to 65
- Invisibility mana cost reduced from 40 to 25
- Sidhe Blood max mana boost increased from 100 to 120
- Return mana cost increased from 30 to 40
- Return skill point cost decreased from 2 to 1
- Stone Skin will no longer cause some heroes to sprout spikes.
- Serpent Wards are no longer magic-immune.
Changes in Beta 0.9:
- Speed penalty for carrying a Rune decreased from 65% to 55%
- Range of the Runic Altar bonus increased from 1000 to 1600
- Added new command -r (see command list for information)
- All heroes but Snipers received +1 armor
- Brawler move speed decreased from 285 to 270
- Sniper move speed decreased from 265 to 230
- New skills: Shield of Regeneration, Sacrifice
- Evasion has been replaced with a new skill, Stone Skin
- Critical Strike activation rate increased from 25% to 75% and damage multiplier decreased from 2 to 1.25
- Blink cooldown increased from 1 second to 5 seconds
- Healing Ward healing rate increased from 2%/sec to 3%/sec
- Maximum health of Sentry Ward, Slow Ward, and Healing Ward reduced to 1 HP
- Rain of Fire can now damage wards
- Serpent Wards can no longer be used to leave the training area before the round starts.
- Heroes with Vampire's Blood will no longer revive after the round ends.
- Harrowing Hit button position should no longer change when you turn on autocasting.
- Fixed a bug that could cause extra Runes of Blood to appear on the map in the first round if the game started very quickly
Changes in Beta 0.8:
- Sylph's Blood dexterity penalty decreased from 15 to 10
- All skill cooldowns are now reset when your hero dies and revives
- Picking up a Rune now interrupts Sprint
- Added a trigger that should minimize the effects of the Resurrection-Stone-Disappearance bug, and help gather information about when the bug occurs.
- Heroes dying before round start are now instantly revived at the same location (closes a pre-round-resurrection exploit)
- Runic Interference should now be dispelled more promptly when a Rune is dropped or captured
- The food display now shows hero kills and deaths
- Players are now given periodic warning messages when their team controls no Resurrection Stones
- Players who are ready to revive now have the instruction to click on a Resurrection Stone periodically repeated to them until they revive
- Added a list of chat commands to the map info menu
- Fixed various obscure tooltips
Changes in Beta 0.7:
- You can now type -repick any time before the round starts to restart the process of hero customization.
- Altar hit points now scale based on the number of players.
- Terrain appearance has been changed for the Night Elf side of the map. New ramps have been added on both sides.
- Supporters are now prevented from purchasing skills which require an attack to be useful.
- The minimap is now pinged yellow (rather than green) when an enemy captures a Resurrection Stone.
- Added new Skirmisher and Brawler model options to each team.
- New skill: Vampire's Blood
- Might to Magic has been reworked. It is now a toggleable ability that gradually converts health to mana while active.
- Serpent Wards attack cooldown reduced from 2 sec to 1.8 sec
- Serpent Wards duration decreased from 90 sec to 60 sec
- Faerie Fire armor reduction increased from 2 to 3
- Slow mana cost decreased from 35 to 25
- Slow Ward slowing increased from 30% to 35%
- Removed the skills Eclilpse and Ultravision from the game.